Monday, January 09, 2012

Gluten-Free Challenge: Day 9 - On Cookies


You know what I’ve been thinking about lately? Mothers Circus Animal Cookies.

I’m sure you’ve heard of them. They come in two colors, pink and white. They’re covered in rainbow-colored dots. They’re all sugar, oil, and awesomeness. They’re in the snacks vending machine at work, and I get them once or twice (or thrice) a week. They’re as guilty a pleasure as they get.

I can’t have them this month, because, you guessed it, they contain wheat flour. Like all cookies in vending machines. Basically, I can just have the peanuts, and even those are way too oily for my taste. I'm in a snack dilemma. 

Going gluten-free has made me question my snacking habits. I snack a lot. Chips, cookies, candy bars, it goes on. So now, it's mostly fruits and nuts. I'm doing alright with those. 

Other than my snacking crisis, nothing has changed so much from before. It helps, again, that K prepares food that both of us can eat. Last week, she made a pumpkin mac-and-cheese that was wonderful, but had no protein. We had to mix some turkey breast in it. I've also had more vegetables. Some that are just foreign to me. Chard? Kale? What are these things?

A third of the way in, and so far, so good. But I do miss those cookies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home